June 22nd, 2012
Screenwriter Dan Goforth joins The Chronic Argonauts team
I am pleased to announce that Dan Goforth has joined with New Baby Productions to adapt the graphic novel, THE CHRONIC ARGONAUTS, into a screenplay for film or television. Dan is an accomplished screenwriter who has won some nice awards, including:
- LA Screenwriting Expo – 2011 Best Short Screenplay
- Sidewalk Film Festival – 2010 Winner of the Sidewrite Award for Best Screenplay
- British Short Screenplay Competition (BSSC) – 2011 Runner-up
- Sundance TRMS – 2011 Finalist
- Storypros Screenplay Competition – 2012 Semifinalist
- Pulsar Screenplay Competition – 2012 Semifinalist (Science Fiction, Feature)
- Champion Screenplay Competition – 2011 Semifinalist
Dan has a great love for the writings of H.G. Wells and really likes the story and characters that we have created in the graphic novel. I am very excited to see how he handles the screenplay.
THE CHRONIC ARGNAUTS is a graphic novel adapted from H.G. Wells’ short story of the same name. Originally written by a 22-year old Wells, and published in 1888, “The Chronic Argonauts” is considered to be the first well-developed use of a ‘time machine’ in science fiction. It predates Wells’ more famous time traveling novel, The Time Machine, by seven years. While Wells’ version ends with a cliff-hanger, we have taken the story and expanded it with new characters and a deeper adventure that is influenced by the legend’s many other famous works. For more information about THE CHRONIC ARGONAUTS graphic novel, please visit www.ChronicArgonauts.com.
More news to come as we have updates to report!
New Baby Productions